Sunday, March 16, 2008

this thursday at 12 noon

dear friends

we will gather at the Mt Sinai Mortuary
on Forest lawn Drive just before you hit the 134 and the back end of Griffith Park.

12 noon thursday
tony will be there and you can see him if you choose to
i feel it is important for me to see the body
and feel him gone
feel the closure of his departure
but if you feel otherwise, please do not feel you need to come forward
during this time there will be music from his nephen Max Williams on Tony';s guitar and
also from cousin betrsy and frieend michael hechts klexzmer band
kewish new orleans style perhaps

we will begin the ceremony at noon
then you are all invited back to our home in hollywood
we will start shiva and sit thru sunday evening
gathering most late afternoons and evenlings and whenever you'd like to come by

my love to you all
and i look forward to meeting those friends of tony that
i have yet to meet

please do spread the word to friends and colleagues
tony would love it if all the seats were filled!
much love and
many many thanks
susan

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

He was such a good, kind man, your prince. He and you and Sophie are in our thoughts and prayers.

Love,
Bonne

max Eisenberg said...

Your Tony left a big footprint in all of our lives. His kindness, warmth and friendship will always be remembered. And those of us who had the privilege of spending time on the basketball court with him will never forget his rainbow shots, underhand scoops and sly smile that told us how happy he was.

He will be truly missed.

In sadness I send love and prayers.

Max Eisenberg

wendee said...

My darling Susan and Sofie-
My heart is so heavy for your loss-for all of our loss...
I am thinking of you almost every minute of the day. I send you my love, my hope, my strength, and my inspiration.I shall hug you and hold you again shortly...
Love, your pal, Wendee

Sam McMurray said...

Susan, I believe I still have the washing machine you and Tony so kindly gave us some twenty years ago.In retrospect,knowing Tony's predilection for cleanliness,I'm surprised he gave it up.Some years before we all moved out here,Tony and I shared a summer house in Sag Harbor.He had a Mustang (methinks),and one night we got stuck on the railroad tracks,and the train she was acoming.Tony giggled and grinned as we made our escape.Goofiness is much underrated.I will miss him.So sorry for your trouble.Love,Sam McMurray

Sheila Garner said...

Susie,

Tony was truly one of a kind. His friends here in Texas will miss his sweet spirit & boyish charm. We are all blessed that he walked through our lives.

Our hearts go out to you & Sophie.

Prayerfully,
Sheila Garner

Unknown said...

Forever 14 in my heart - Tony dark hair and eybrows and a sweet mouth and a sweet way. So tall - so easy to look up to.....forever. My own griefs swim like a fish in the ocean of your grief.

From all that is said here, he had a life well-lived. And you shared it.

Barbara Sayble
John Burroughs Junior High School

vicki j said...

I am so very, very, sorry. Much love to you and Sophie.
Vicki

Marilyn Azar said...

Marilyn Azar (Goldberg)
I was very good friends with Tony at Fairfax high, we had such great times going out and having fun in class.
Tony was a great friend as well as a caring and sincere guy.

Tony's life seemed to be fulfilled and loved and so happy with his wife Susan and daughter Sophie

You and Sophie are in my thoughts and prayers.

Marilyn Azar (Goldberg)
Fairfax High
818-990-4169

Unknown said...

Susan, I have been following your blog from afar, knowing that this has been a time for very intimate friends. But my prayers and thoughts have been with you and your family as you move through this tragedy with more grace than I think I have ever seen. I am in awe. I send my love, Jody

Unknown said...

Susan, I have been following your blog from afar, knowing that this has been a time for very intimate friends. But my prayers and thoughts have been with you and your family as you move through this tragedy with more grace than I think I have ever seen. I am in awe. I send my love, Jody