4 AM Thursday the 9th of Jan
hello everyone
since thursday we have been
1: drinking and eating an enormous amount
2: laughing raucously and fully
3: appreciating the fine tuned madness of excellent scotch
4: doing dishes and washing floors
5; talking too much and sleeping too little
6: feeling good and right about our decision to opt for quality of life,
Tony is
1: handsome, elegant, centered
2:taking care of business, attending to details, working as much as he can and
3: driving his excellent Audi and wearing his elegant brown cashmere coat
4: having massage
5: squeezing my hand when requested.
6: feeling pretty good and
7; just yesterday started feeling a little tired
Medically, we are--
1: coordinating doctors and seeing another maven surgeon at UCLA who has dealt wtih mesothelioma exclusively for many years
2: researching clinical trials that might extend life without impairing quality of life
( tho frankly i am feeling that may just be prolonging the agony- go know)
3: getting too many cooks in the pot and finding it a challenge to leave too many fucking messages on too many phone lines and all that jazz.
Business wise-
Tony is getting all his business stuff handled
We are meeting with appropriate folk about all the stuff
I am filing too many papers in too big a notebook with too many details
i am trying to sort thru legal issues and marveling at the sleaze factor of "foundation" sites that set themselves up as purveyors of medical information and then turn out to be fronts created by law firms who are courting victims of the disease as possible litigants against the manufacturers of asbestos products. money talks, kids oh you betcha. sure i want some, but oh you kid. a real nausea factor there. to be continued.
Sofie is
1: fabulous
2: back at school and getting the work done
3; getting the support she needs
4; being pretty magnificent in all ways
You are
1 being wonderfully supportive, cooking too much food,
2 seeking "occupations" that will relieve the itchy horror of this inevitable terrible journey for yourselves and us
3 sending us love and light and information and care and and bad jokes
4 being just exactly perfect in your perfectness and friendship and respect of history adn your own journies in connection with our own histories. this journey is everyone's. it connects with our own personal searing slashes of life-- everybody has those-- and in going thru this with us everyone steps a bit closer to healing their own pain.
You can
1: read this blog and stay tuned
2: know that you are on the list for counsel , food, help when we need it
3: stay connected with love
We will probably go to a weekend celebratory mode next week. During the week we'll keep it lo key and keep the place as sane as possible for homework and rest and small events and on the weekends we'll go to an open house thing where everyone who wants to can come by and eat and act inappropriately and laugh and talk and all that. We will do that as long as that makes sense and then we will do the next thing.
THIS WEEKEND we are family-ed in with sister Cindy in town so stay tuned for more info.
I will try to post as often as I can.
there we have it.
9 comments:
Wonderful blog, Susan. Thanks for sharing the info this way.
XOXOXOXO
ARW
Dear Susan, Tony, Sofi,
Just to let you know that I have read your first blog. I will be sending a followup to you with a few specific medical questions that have occurred to me since we visited last weekend. Love, Ron
Glad this blog is up. Thanks for sharing!
I Pray for You and Wish I Could Do More
I pray for you and wish I could do more,
But more I cannot do from far away.
Like leaves before the wind we cannot stay,
Ripped dancing, dancing to the forest floor.
I wish I could your ailing health restore
And bring you to the strength of yesterday,
But all we mortal souls can do is pray
That God might alter what we have in store.
The beauty in our fragile life is love,
The only thing that makes the moment matter,
The golden thread that binds us all in light.
I wish, I wish I could your pain remove,
But like a wall the truth my will must shatter,
And so I send my prayers into the night. - Dimitri Shostakovich -
I too pray for you all and wish I could do more.
All my love Galapagos Eileen
so - This is what this blogging thing is about -
truly, a different/other way to feel an stay connected.-
thanks, susan
mk
"2 seeking "occupations" that will relieve the itchy horror of this inevitable terrible journey for yourselves and us"
I am still at this stage.
Suan, your writing is glorious, and the path you, Tony (yes, he is formidably handsome) and Sofi are dedicated to following -- as much LIFE and JOY as possible is very lovely.
I lost touch with you all, and as much as I delighted in being the Stranger Isaiah, unexpectedly to all of us, I have wanted to really reconnect, but couldn't quite find a way.
I hereby do not care if I am kind of awkward at reconnecting. I want to do it.
For all of us, the adventures include differences and agreements and secret affections, regardless of the differences that might have caused pain at times...
Susan and Tony, I really enjoy you both beyond anything I can officially justify. I just do.
I want to drink some alcohol with you.
xoxoxox
Elise
re asbestos: I can attest to Tony being 'round some rough stuff ca. '70-'73: Tony then was a magical marvelous set builder/stage hand at The Roundhouse in London. Tony could design build paint and wrap a set in hours, all with lovely lady actresses swooning around him...
Tony's wood & construction craft skills (and singing!) were superb then: Whatta Guy and what a time!
Tony, Susan, Sofi:
Keith and I definitely want to sign up for occupations...the more the better. We are going to phone you two to discuss best options, since the distance between us prohibits drop in jobs.....but we will be there and you may (if you wish) be here),,,,we want to be with you lots and lots in coming months.
Susan: your words are so helpful for us, both informational and also right here right now and in your face and loving .... so muchappreciated. thank you for your bravery.
lotsaluv from fairfax....to be continued...xo, deb
Thank you so much for writing this blog. It really helps keep us connected to what is happening from so far away. As Richard likes to say, "peace" to you all.
Love, Miriam, Dan, Richard and Jeffrey
Post a Comment