Monday, October 25, 2010

OFF ON AN ADVENTURE

 Today I head off for a month to Germany, India and Italy. Teaching thinking shopping and eating...
Here is a quote i found last night... hope you'll follow the journey.

Quotations from Dina Metzger's book, ENTERING THE GHOST RIVER:
...I climbed into a bower of vines where I could be alone. It seemed to me that I heard a voice speaking to me and as she spoke I found my boy being shaped to the age and tone of the voice. I was bent over as if I was an old hag, It occurred to me that I was hearing the voice of Hekate. the crone coming thru me.
"you will never have another lover,"the krone said it was as if the combined suffering of all the lonely women i knew, myself included, opened before me and enveloped me.
"you will never write another book", she continued.....
"you will live your life in constant and unremitting pain without hope of relief"..
...a long silence"
"now choose"
a long time passed. A lifetime in 20 minutes. like many others i knew i had in the past reached moments when i could not go on. i had thought of suicide. i had thought of going to bed and never getting up. i had said it was too difficult......i took the hags curse seriously... others had suffered worse. i knew that i was not immune. i did not think that i should be privleged, but how could i bear it?
i heard my own words before i knew what i would say.
"i want to live. whatever it is i want life. the whole ballgame. whatever it is. i am here."

and then she laughed. that laugh you imagine the hag laughs. it is chilling and exuberant. it dissolves bones. there is nothing left after such a laugh.

and i laughed with her.

No comments: